The Washington Capital Area Chapter of ICEAA is focused on our local cost analysts and estimators who are members of the ICEAA professional society in the DC metro area. We are committed to providing networking, training, community service opportunities, and continuing education for our members. We provide a local link for members to access the National ICEAA organization and focus on issues specific to members in our National Capital region of DC, Virginia, and Maryland.
The International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association is a 501(c)(6) international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing, encouraging, promoting and enhancing the profession of cost estimating and analysis, through the use of parametrics and other data-driven techniques.
Advancing, encouraging, promoting and enhancing the profession of cost estimating and analysis through the use of parametrics and other data-driven techniques by:
- Fostering the professional growth of its members within the allied fields of estimating and analysis.
- Enhancing the understanding and appreciation of using data-driven estimating and analysis techniques throughout allied fields and the general population.
- Providing educational opportunities to practitioners in cost and parametric estimating and analysis, as well as with allied fields.
- Establishing standards in terminology, conduct, and application of estimating and analysis techniques.
- Developing the means to achieve and measure established standards.
- Recognizing achievement through an appropriate program of recognition and certification.
- Providing forums and media through which experiences with all of the principles and techniques associated with data-driven cost estimating and analysis may be reported, discussed, and published in furtherance of the public interest.
- Fostering, promoting, and conducting research in all estimating and analysis techniques.
- Developing and maintaining standards of proficiency and ethics.
- Cooperating with other national and international organizations and individuals, having common or related proposes, in furtherance of the public interest.
Operations of the Association
The International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association is a nonprofit organization chartered by the State of Virginia and operated by the Board of Directors and the International Business Office. Revenue is derived from the dues of individual members, a part of which is refunded to the chapters for their operation. Funds are also raised by conducting seminars, workshops and conferences and through the sale of publications and other educational materials.