Are you interested in serving on your Chapter’s Board of Directors for the 2023–2025 term? If so, the Nominating Committee wants to hear from you!
To be eligible for a nomination, you must be
- a current Member of the ICEAA Washington Capital Area Chapter in good standing,
- full of ideas and enthusiasm for serving your local cost community, and
- able and willing to fulfill the obligations of your preferred position from October 1, 2023, to September 30, 2025.
Anyone who meets the qualifications listed above is encouraged to complete the attached interest form.
All submissions are due to Mrs. Courtney Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, July 24, 2023. If you have any questions or comments, please direct them to the aforementioned point of contact.
What is the level of commitment required for the Board of Directors?
This is strictly a volunteer function, which will entail a certain amount of unpaid work to be completed on your personal time. You will be expected to participate in the planning and execution of activities and projects for the Chapter. At a minimum, this will include attending monthly virtual meetings held by the Board of Directors, which will be scheduled at a time that suits the majority of attendees, as well as contributing to and appearing at events outside of work hours.
Keep in mind that serving in a leadership capacity within your local Chapter is a great way to earn points toward CCEA/SCEC/CPP recertification. You could receive 3 points per role for each year you serve on the Board of Directors.
Which roles are we looking to fill?
The Board of Directors consists of two groups: elected offices and appointed positions. Elected offices manage and promote the interests of the Chapter and are voted in by a majority of Chapter Members. Appointed positions facilitate the objectives of the Board of Directors and are composed of various Committees. The Chair of each Committee is chosen by the Chapter President, and its Members are selected by the Committee Chair.
The Nominating Committee seeks potential Officers, Committee Chairs, and Committee Members to present to the appropriate parties for consideration.
What are the duties of each role?
- The President is the chief executive officer of the Chapter. The President shall preside at all business meetings of the Chapter and the Chapter Board of Directors and be responsible for administering the affairs of the Chapter, in accordance with the policies and regulations established by ICEAA and the Chapter Board of Directors.
- The Vice President shall act for the President whenever the President is unable to perform his or her duties.
- The Secretary is the corporate secretary and legal officer of the Chapter. The Secretary shall be responsible for membership services, arrange for audits and reviews of the Chapter’s accounts, keep minutes of all meetings of the Chapter and the Chapter Board of Directors, and conduct all official correspondence of the Chapter.
- The Treasurer shall have charge of the funds of the Chapter and receive and disburse funds upon the authorization of the Chapter Board of Directors. The Treasurer shall report annually or more often, if requested.
- The Programs Committee shall be responsible for coordinating events for Chapter Members to learn and gain exposure to all aspects of the cost estimating and analysis field.
- The Membership Committee shall be responsible for maintaining and growing active Chapter membership.
- The Outreach Committee shall be responsible for promoting ICEAA, the Chapter, and the cost estimating and analysis field to new and existing organizations.
- The Service/Social Committee shall be responsible for coordinating community service and social functions for Chapter Members.
- The Information Technology Committee shall be responsible for maintaining the Chapter website, email accounts, and other online services.
- The Past President shall be responsible for ensuring a smooth transition between the outgoing and incoming Officers and Chairs as well as serving in an advisory capacity to the Board of Directors. (This role is filled by the outgoing Chapter President.)
- Suggestions for other Committees are welcome!